Bayview, New South Wales

Update by user Dec 09, 2016

The only way to resolve this issue was for Phonak to lend me a Q90 & for audiologist to program exactly as mine.That way I would not be constantly changing brands/models whilst mine is fixed.

Phonak agreed & I have had my Q90 & a clone Q90 for 2 weeks now.All working fine, so far.

Original review posted by user Nov 09, 2016

I am in Sydney Australia. I have severe hearing loss in right ear & have just been fitted with cochlear implant in left ear, although this implant could take 2 years to function.

July 26, 2016 I was fitted with Phonak Q90. September 13 it just stopped working. Audiologist provided loan aid whilst mine was being fixed. It was "repaired" & has been working ok until now. It has again failed completely, just 2 months after being repaired.

As my other ear has no hearing at all, this is very inconvenient.

I have been using drying device for both the CI & the Q90.

I chose Phonak hearing aid & Advanced Bionics CI as they would supposedly work together wirelessly. The CI part seems ok but the hearing aid (Q90) is quite frankly, a disaster. It would appear I am stuck with Phonak aid if I want compatability with CI. Phonak supposedly releasing new model early 2017. Will I have to wait for it to have a reliable aid???

Before anybody buys a hearing aid, they should check out the online forums. Very interesting reading. Unfortunately I didn't check before buying.

Review about: Phonak Q90 Hearing Aid.

I didn't like: Continuous failures of the product.

1.7
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Phonak 90 Hearing Aids
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Phonak?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion