Bayview, New South Wales
1.7

Update by user Dec 09, 2016

The only way to resolve this issue was for Phonak to lend me a Q90 & for audiologist to program exactly as mine.That way I would not be constantly changing brands/models whilst mine is fixed.

Phonak agreed & I have had my Q90 & a clone Q90 for 2 weeks now.All working fine, so far.

Original review posted by user Nov 09, 2016

I am in Sydney Australia. I have severe hearing loss in right ear & have just been fitted with cochlear implant in left ear, although this implant could take 2 years to function.

July 26, 2016 I was fitted with Phonak Q90. September 13 it just stopped working. Audiologist provided loan aid whilst mine was being fixed. It was "repaired" & has been working ok until now. It has again failed completely, just 2 months after being repaired.

As my other ear has no hearing at all, this is very inconvenient.

I have been using drying device for both the CI & the Q90.

I chose Phonak hearing aid & Advanced Bionics CI as they would supposedly work together wirelessly. The CI part seems ok but the hearing aid (Q90) is quite frankly, a disaster. It would appear I am stuck with Phonak aid if I want compatability with CI. Phonak supposedly releasing new model early 2017. Will I have to wait for it to have a reliable aid???

Before anybody buys a hearing aid, they should check out the online forums. Very interesting reading. Unfortunately I didn't check before buying.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue. The author is overall dissatisfied with Phonak. The most disappointing about phonak 90 hearing aids from Phonak was continuous failures of the product Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Miracle Ear that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Phonak.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Eye and Ear Care category for more informed decision or compare Phonak to other companies on our site.

Had an Experience with Phonak?

Comments